The best tribe in Tribal Wars

Offensive Tactics

Jon B Bad

Offensive Tactics

Post  Jon B Bad on Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:29 am

There are more ways to attack than there are to defend, but often time your choice of attacking is obvious to the defender. There are four different ways and forms of attacking which include: Farming, Clearing, Nobling, and Punishment. Each one has it's place and set up, and should be used in the proper format. This is an over view of the different forms and how they work.

Farming

From the beginning of your race to rule your area, to the end of the world you must farm your heart out. Farming is a tribal wars term for attacking your enemy solely to steal their resources. Failure to do this early in the game will set you back behind your prospective enemies greatly and you won't last long. The most effective units are groups of spears or light Cavalry. Sometimes people will put units in your farms to kill them (known as spiking). You can not do a whole lot to stop this other than to plow through them. Simply send scouts and axes if you feel that you may be farming a spiked village.

Clearing

Clearing a village is preparatory for either future farming or ennoblement. The units inside your offensive village minus the nobleman are all you need to clear. Against a fully developed defense village it will take two attacks which mean you have to plan accordingly. When you send attack you have to decide whether or not to send cats or rams. Rams remove the wall, if you want to clear the village, which help a lot. If you want to take the village over later, you may want to consider how many rams you send to knock down the wall, or which building you target with your catapults.

So long as you send a large amount of troops with a nobleman, the wall will do little damage to your troops if the village is cleared, so you can afford to have the wall as high as level 15. The advantage of this is that you do not have to build the wall back up as much.

However, it is always more efficient to reduce the wall completely, to prevent more losses. If the player has support incoming from his/her tribemates, or a friend, then the wall will help them hold off your attacks (despite having appeared to clear the village). As the world progresses, it is a necessity in most cases to clear the village at the same time as destroying the wall, or the village will most likely be defended before the nobles land.

Nobling

Nobling is perhaps the most important skill to master in this game. Nobling allows you to take over a village once you knock down the loyalty far enough. There are three important things to consider when nobling; distance, troop count, and timing. Keeping tabs on all three lets you know how fast you can noble and whether or not a village is a good choice.

When you begin to noble distance is a big issue you have to think about. You not only have to think about your ability to send support and resources, but also the time it takes to get there. On a speed one world, nobles take thirty-five minutes to travel to an adjacent village. When it reaches the village it will normally take anywhere from 20-35 loyalty out of 100 loyalty in a village and then it travels back. This is an issue when you only have one or two nobles because loyalty goes back up 1-2 points per hour, depending on world settings. So, when taking in account you must never take a trip over 12 hours just to get there or you will never noble it. I would recommend a village that is 10 hours away there and back.

When you are nobling villages keeping your troop count for defense and offense is very important. At first you should double the defense you would feel comfortable with leaving your village alone with if you lost all your offense. Not so much at first, but once you start getting further into the game, you should keep a 2:1 defense/offense village ratio so you can defend your self without much worry. Your first village should be made offensive and the next two of your villages would be defensive. Keeping this ratio is up to you, some people will go a 5:1 ratio, others a 1:1 ratio. Just remember to keep one of these three ratio's, too much disproportion for either defense or offense will hurt you in the long run.

Now the issues of timing is up. When you are timing attacks from one village it is fairly easy, but when you go into multiple villages it becomes tricky. The first step is becoming comfortable with the attack planner on TW Stats. Once you find the times to reach your targeted village from your separate villages you have to calculate the time between all three. Depending on how close of these villages are you may be send one attack every 33 minutes or every five hours. Another tactic people will do is have all four nobles in a village and launch them all as fast as they can. In order to do this you have to have a tabbing browser. When you get ready to attack with how many units you send with your noble (send at least 100 axes with the last 3 nobles, and as many troops as you can with the first, and only if you are certain there is nothing in the village), use the following methods:

Internet Explorer

Open up the village you wish to launch your attacks from. Right click your rally point and select "open in new window", proceed by doing this 2 more times until you have 4 windows open. Set them so they cascade side by side (just enough so when you click "attack" the 'OK' button it's not too far from the next 'OK' button). Now you enter in all of your coordinates and unit counts to send in that attack.

Once you have all of your coordinatess and units entered; continue by clicking 'Attack' on all of your windows so the only step left is clicking the 'OK' button. Now once you have them all situated and cascading in order from top right to bottom left you can quickly click 'OK' on each of the windows.

Once you get use to this, you can now send noble trains within 1.75 seconds.

Note: I'm not sure if IE has updated to make this easier using that program, I do not use IE and I have removed it from my computer.

FireFox

Repeat all of the same steps listed above in the Internet Explorer strategy.

Once you get use to this, you can now send noble trains within 1.25 seconds.

Note: I'm not sure if FF has updated to make this easier using that program, I do not use FF for TW, it is too slow, clunky, and harder to use.

Opera

First, make sure your shortcut key for scrolling through tabs is enabled by going to Tools -> Preferences -> Shortcuts -> Enable Single-Key Shortcuts

Second, make sure your connections and cache's are set correctly. You can set them to the best performance (that I am aware of) by going to Tools -> Preferences -> History

Set 'Memory Cache' to 4MB and 'Disk Cache' to 400MB (or 5MB, I'm not sure but both work nicely on my computer...)

Continue by going to Tools -> Preferences -> Network

Set 'Max connections to a server' to 64 and 'Max total of connections' to 32.

Open up the village you wish to launch your attacks from. Right click your rally point and select "open in new tab", proceed by doing this 2 more times until you have 4 tabs open. Now you enter in all of your coordinates and unit counts to send in that attack.

Once you have all of your coordinates and units entered; continue by clicking 'Attack' on all of your tabs so the only step left is selecting the 'OK' button. Select the 'OK' button by hovering your mouse above it (but not clicking it!). Now, put your left index finger on the number 2 on your number pad to your right (assuming you have the number pad... I know some laptops don't have them) and your right index finger on the enter key located by the number pad. Quickly press the enter button, 2, enter, 2, enter, 2, enter.

The number 2 on the number pad cycles forward through the tabs and with your mouse above the 'OK' button it selects it so all you have to do it press enter. The number 1 cycles backwards through the tabs.

Once you get use to this, you can now send noble trains within .5 seconds. (my personal favorite)
    Notes

* When sending a series of four of more attacks from a single village, remember that the landing time between attacks one and four cannot be less than 150 milliseconds. Anything less than 150 ms is a breach of the rules.
    * Using a Paladin equipped with Vasco's Scepter (Lowers the loyalty of villages attacked by at least 30) can reduce the number of trips your noblemen need to noble a village.

By Xanadux

Current date/time is Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:57 pm